Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Elizabeth Gilbert on Creative Genius


My "sister-in-love" sent me a wonderful link to Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert's twenty-minute talk "A Different Way to Think About Creative Genius." Here, Gilbert is hilarious, graceful, down-to-earth and divine. And I absolutely agree with her.


Two summers ago, I had a fun, empowering talk with my theatre buddy Teo Castellanos. We both expressed wanting to live long, playful, productive artistic lives because, frankly, the crazy, egomaniacal, tormented, substance abusing, self-destructive artist path is worn. I want to grow, glowing and  graceful. I want to grow wisdom and white dreadlocks. I want to keep my wits and guts and love in tact until I go out peacefully, in my sleep, vegetarian, cherished and smiling.

In the meantime...Olé!

No comments:

Post a Comment